Exploring MBA Careers and Salary Potential
Build Your Future on Responsible Business
Wondering what MBA career path you may follow? CSUMB’s Online MBA graduates prove that the right business program can accelerate career growth and expand your opportunities—as well as your earning potential—in a diverse selection of professional fields.
Our graduates are CEOs, operations and department directors, electrical engineers, police officers, paralegals, clinical specialists, marketing managers and more. More than 97 percent of these students came to CSUMB seeking the tools and knowledge to facilitate their own career advancement,1 and we have helped them build momentum toward achieving those goals while also fully transforming the way they think about business.
So where will your MBA take you? Follow CSUMB through a unique and experiential learning journey into integrative and responsible business, and find a competitive edge for the strategic development and specialist roles that can empower you to change the world.
MBA Salary Trends
An MBA is a significant commitment, but it's a commitment to a better and more secure future. So if you're ready to do the work and exceed your potential, consider the payoff of an MBA salary:2
- 29%: Average salary increase from the start of the Online MBA program to one year after completion
- 60%: Average salary increase in that time frame for the top 33% of Online MBA students
- $105,000: Median starting salary for new MBA graduates nationally
Hiring Trends for MBA Graduates
Wondering whether our online program can really provide the career boost you want? Consider these 2018 hiring trends:2
- 96% of Fortune 100 companies planned to hire recent MBA graduates
- 77% of startups planned to hire recent MBA graduates
- 75% of companies planned to place MBA hires into mid-level positions
Meet Your Network
Study alongside students from a wide variety of industries with educational backgrounds ranging from business administration to aviation management, and from marriage therapy to molecular biology. You’ll find common ground in your desire to change for the better, whether that means advancing in your current career or starting your own business.
About Our Students
*Percentages drawn from California student body, not total student body.1
Companies Where Our Students Work
Network with a tight-knit cohort of classmates who are employed by leading Fortune 500 companies and iconic corporations that include:
1 in 2 CSUMB alumni who are employed report receiving a promotion, or higher level position at a new employer, within one to three years of graduation1
97 percent of prospective students pursue the Online MBA for career advancement1
CSUMB alumni earn, on average, nearly a 30 percent salary increase within two years of graduation3
*Results based on self-reported information from Alumni from 2016-2020 graduation classes.
Student Spotlight: Edna Smith, MBA '16
“Get to know your cohort, because you are a team who will likely have strong relationships far into the future. Get to know your faculty, because they are there for you, and they are the greatest resource the program has to offer.“
Ready to Earn Your MBA? Take the Next Step
Interested in Our CSUMB Online MBA?
- Based on self-reported data collected from CSUMB Online MBA students in spring 2016 through spring 2018 cohorts.
- Retrieved on February 13, 2019, from gmac.com/-/media/files/gmac/research/employment-outlook/gmac-2018-corporate-recruiters-survey-report.pdf.
- Based on self-reported data collected from CSUMB Online MBA students in cohorts from spring 2019 through summer 2020.