How to Apply to the Online MBA at CSUMB
To apply for CSUMB's Online MBA, visit our online application system.
Need help? View our How to Apply guide, which includes detailed information, screenshots, and common mistakes to avoid when submitting your online application.
The next phase of your career starts with a few short steps.
The online MBA application process is completed online. We have made the process as streamlined as possible for your convenience. Use the timeline below to keep track of admissions milestones. Advisors are available if you have questions along the way.
Below is an example of what your timeline may look like.
|Request Official Transcripts||30 min|
|Collect Unofficial Transcripts||30 min|
|Request Letters of Recommendation||1 hour|
|Update Resume/CV||30 min|
|Sign Release of Information Statement||30 min|
|Complete FAFSA||30 min*|
|Complete Application||30 min - 1 hour|
|Develop Personal Statement||1 - 3 hours|
|Detail Description of Leadership and Management Experience||1 - 2 hours|
|*Be sure to have your most recent tax returns in front of you and choose to receive your PIN by email.|
A completed CSU Monterey Bay application and $55.00 application fee are required for consideration for the Online MBA program.
To expedite the review process, we encourage you to submit unofficial transcripts so we can begin to evaluate your credentials.
To finalize your application, we must receive official transcripts from all institutions attended, both undergraduate and graduate.
Resume or CV
Along with your application, you will need to submit a current resume or CV demonstrating your professional experience, with specific mention of the following:
- Organizations of employment
- Titles for each employment position
- Dates and durations of each employment position
- Responsibilities of each employment position
- Accomplishments in each employment position
The GMAT is not a requirement for our Online MBA program.
You must submit a personal statement outlining why you are embarking on this degree program.
The personal statement must be in the format of a "business narrative" and include section headers as appropriate. Bulleted or outline formats are NOT acceptable.
Applicants must include an indication of work experience in their personal statement.
The statement should include the following:
- Why are you interested in the CSUMB online MBA program?
- How might your MBA experience assist your future organization?
- How might your MBA experience assist your MBA classmates?
- How might you visualize the MBA program assisting you in solving real world problems?
- Briefly name organizations for which you have worked and describe any work experiences that you have had.
Letters of Recommendation
Two letters of recommendation are required for your application to the Online MBA.* They should be submitted via the online application system and should be sent by the following people:
- One from a current or former employer
- One from any of the following sources: an employer, a professor or other academic supervisor, or someone in a leadership position in a nonprofit or volunteer organization
*The number of required letters of recommendation may be subject to change for future terms.