The California State University, Monterey Bay Online MBA is an innovative program suited to the experiences and goals of aspiring managers. When grouped in a cohort of students of a similar experience level, you will be able to generate stimulating class discussions and maximize learning opportunities for yourself and your classmates.
Find out why our students chose the CSUMB Online MBA program.
Candidates considered for admission to the Online MBA program will be evaluated on the basis of their experience (one year of professional experience required), academic qualifications (GPA), personal statement and completed application.
- Application form
- A GPA of 2.5 or greater (on a 4.0 scale)
- Prospective students are encouraged to contact an Admissions Advisor to learn more about the GPA evaluation. You may be considered for the program if the GPA achieved over your last 60 credits is 2.5 or higher (on a 4.0 scale)
- Personal statement, including work experience
At CSU Monterey Bay, we believe that entrance exam scores do not necessarily reflect an individual’s ability to excel in this program. We also look for experience and motivation in our students. That is why the GMAT, often an admissions requirement for traditional MBA programs, is not a requirement for our online program.
The Admissions Committee will holistically consider the following information in evaluating your application:
- Completed California State University, Monterey Bay application
- Your statement of purpose detailing your objectives and qualifications
- One official copy of transcripts from ALL colleges and universities attended. If any credits of your undergraduate degree were rendered from an international college/university, all foreign coursework (transcripts) must be accompanied by a course-by-course evaluation, whether or not a degree was earned at the international college/university
- Completed bachelor’s degree with a minimum cumulative 2.5 GPA in the last 60 credits attempted
All Supporting Documents Should Be Submitted To:
California State University, Monterey Bay Online Education Center
123 N Upper Wacker Dr
Chicago, IL 60606
All documents will be available for review by the MBA Admissions Committee and the CSU Monterey Bay Department of Admissions via the online Apply site.
International students and those who have received their bachelor’s degrees outside the U.S., see International Applicants.
CSU Monterey Bay pairs you with an advisor to help you with the admissions process, online learning orientation and more. Program faculty members conduct ongoing advising on an as-needed basis. They maintain office hours that you can use to access appropriate course and academic advising in person, via telephone or email.
California State University is in the process of requesting state authorization for our distance education programs. However, at this time we cannot accept students from the following states: Alabama, Arkansas, Delaware, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Minnesota, New Hampshire, New Mexico, North Carolina, Ohio, Oregon, and Utah.
For additional information or the CSU Student complaint process visit Accreditation and State Regulatory Authorizations