Online MBA Admissions
The California State University, Monterey Bay Online MBA is an innovative program that helps current and aspiring business leaders learn how to start their own successful ventures and accelerate their careers. Welcoming a diverse student base of applicants from around the world, CSUMB offers an Online MBA program with no GMAT requirement, so all students who are passionate about business have the opportunity to obtain the degree that helps them succeed.
Applying for entrance into the CSUMB Online MBA program is simple.
- Terms begin three times a year, in January, June, and August, so you can get started on your studies as soon as you'd like
- Students learn skills including critical thinking, ethical reasoning, problem analysis, and leadership
- Classes are taught in a convenient online format, so students can study on a schedule that works for them
- Graduates leave the program prepared to thrive in fulfilling business careers, armed with knowledge and new professional connections to help them flourish
No GMAT Required
At CSUMB, we believe that entrance exam scores do not necessarily reflect an individual's ability to excel in our program. Instead, we look first and foremost for experience and motivation in our prospective students. That is why the GMAT, often an admissions requirement for traditional MBA programs, is not a requirement for our Online MBA.
Candidates considered for admission to the Online MBA program will be evaluated on the basis of the following documents and criteria:
- Completed online application form
- Application fee: $70
- Undergraduate GPA of 2.9 or higher (on a 4.0 scale)*
- Applicants with an undergraduate GPA of 2.9 or below are required to conduct an online video interview with the Admissions Committee
- Minimum of 12 months of professional work experience
- Current resume or CV detailing the following points:
- Organizations of employment
- Titles for each employment position
- Dates and durations of each employment position
- Responsibilities of each employment position
- Accomplishments in each employment position
- Personal statement, including a discussion of work experience
- Two letters of recommendation**
- Letters of recommendation must be from a current or former employer (supervisor or manager)
- Academic references and peer references will not be considered
For international students, we also require:
- TOEFL or IELTS scores
- Foreign coursework evaluation
For more information, please view our graduate admissions requirements.
*The minimum required GPA will increase for fall 2022 to 3.0.
**Letters of recommendation must be uploaded to the online application by the deadline or your file will not be reviewed for that term.
MBA Admission Decisions
After you apply, the MBA Admissions Committee will holistically consider the following information in evaluating your application:
- Completed California State University, Monterey Bay application
- Your statement of purpose, resume or CV, and letters of recommendation*
- One official copy of transcripts from ALL colleges and universities attended. If any credits for an undergraduate degree were rendered from an international college or university, all foreign coursework (transcripts) must be accompanied by a course-by-course evaluation, whether or not a degree was earned at the international college or university
- Overall academic record, including a completed bachelor's degree
Meeting the minimum admissions requirements does not guarantee automatic admission into the program.
*Letters of recommendation should be submitted via the online application system.
Submit All Supporting Documents for the Online MBA to:
California State University, Monterey Bay
Graduate Admissions/MBA Program
Office of Admissions
100 Campus Center
Seaside, CA 93955
Etranscript email address:
All documents will be available for review by the MBA Admissions Committee and the CSU Monterey Bay Department of Admissions via the online Apply site.
For international students and those who have received their bachelor's degrees outside the United States, please see further instructions for International Applicants.
CSUMB pairs you with an Admissions Advisor, trained specifically in your program, to help you with the admissions process, track selection, online learning orientation and more so you stay on the path toward long-term success with your Online MBA program. Program faculty members also conduct ongoing advising on an as-needed basis. They maintain office hours that you can use to access appropriate course and academic advising in person, or via telephone or email.
For additional information or the CSU student complaint process, visit Accreditation and State Regulatory Authorizations.
Apply for an Online MBA Today
The time is now to propel your business career to new heights. An evolving business landscape requires up-to-the-minute expertise to thrive, and with an Online MBA from CSUMB, you'll learn the most important skills and knowledge needed to be a leader in today's business world.
All students in the Online MBA program have the cost of their e-books included with tuition. Hard copies of books are available for purchase at a discounted rate.
Are you ready to learn competencies that can help make you a business leader in your field? Get started with Online MBA admissions today online, or call us at 844-302-1424.
California State University is in the process of requesting state authorization for our distance education programs. However, at this time we cannot accept students from the following states: Alabama, Arkansas, Delaware, Georgia, Indiana, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Minnesota, New Hampshire, New Mexico, North Carolina, Oregon, and Utah.
At the start of the program, I was worried it would be difficult fitting in my MBA studies with my full-time job and other obligations, but the outline of courses helped me to plan and schedule my school workload.